Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In the suburbs i learned to drive, and you told me we'd never survive. Grab your mother's keys we are leaving. You always seemed so sure, that one day we'd be fighting in a suburban war. Your part of town against mine. I saw you standing on the opposite shore but by the time the first bombs fell. We were already bored. We were already, already bored.
Kids wanna be so hard but in my dreams we're still screamin' and runnin' through the yard.
And all of the walls and houses that they built in the 70s finally fall. Meant nothin' at all. It meant nothing.
So can you understand that I want a daughter while I’m still young. I want to hold her hand show her some beauty before this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, if it’s too much to ask! Send me a son.
Under the overpass
In the parking lot we’re still waiting. It’s already passed so move your feet from hot pavement. And into the grass. Cause it’s already passed.
Sometimes I can’t believe it
I’m moving past the feeling
In my dreams we’re still screaming
We’re still screaming.
Arcade Fire.....

No comments:

Post a Comment